I hope you had a nice evening. The other night I came across an old CD that had a slide show from one of our family reunions circa 2000 and thought it would be a great thing to watch it again after so many years after dinner with my wife and oldest son. As we watched it we were laughing and making jokes on hair styles, a mustache that I used to have (Ned Flanders comes to mind) and funny anecdotes over relatives’ antics.
We finally came across a close up picture of my two boys. The oldest wearing a full grill of braces, grinned like a madman and my youngest with the “magic mushroom” haircut and pudgy little cheeks had an impish, wry smile. At that moment my son fell to the floor, and giggled so hard I thought he was going to wet himself. He stopped abruptly when I told him I’m saving that picture for some public moment… maybe a wedding, a bachelor party, a birthday… it’ll be payback time. With a glint in his eye, he said, “Dad, ya know that time when I was between 16 and 20?” I answered, “Yes”. He immediately followed with, “Well, I’m sorry.” This was all in good fun. My prodigal son has a clean slate, as I have been offered the same.